Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What a night!!!

Brittanie went to bed at 8pm because she has a PT test in the morning. At 10:30, she and her roommate, Reisha, were awakened by pounding on their bedroom doors and noise around the apartment. Brittanie opened up her bedroom door in time to see the apartment door closing. Courtney has been at the hospital all day with her grandmother so it wasn't her. It wasn't Reisha or Brittanie. Whoever it was had to have a key because Reisha locked the door. Courtney loves to throw drinking parties in the apartment every weekend, even though she is underage. Last Saturday night, she threw a kegger and someone stole $340 from Courtney's top drawer. Courtney never locks the doors. So it is totally conceivable to me that someone may have stolen Courtney's apartment key and used it tonight. After the pounding on the doors, Brittanie called me to come get her because she was scared and didn't even want to get out of her bedroom. I called Jessica and asked her to come and stay with Katie while Tom and I went to Brittanie's apartment. Before Jess could get here, Brittanie called me back and told me there is a man laying under her window outside. I told her to call 911 and tell them about the break in and the man outside of the window. Then I called the apartment complex to let security know what is going on so they could stay with her until we got there.

When we got there, a Richland County deputy was kneeling beside the man and asked me if I knew the guy. I didn't. I did ask if he was dead because he wasn't moving at all. She assured me he was alive, just intoxicated. I went to the door and Brittanie and her neighbor, Carson, were coming out of the apartment with all of her stuff in her hands. On the way home, Brittanie told me that the guy passed out attended Courtney's kegger in the apartment Saturday night. That's the class of loser that Courtney has coming to my daughter's apartment.

We got back home at 11:30. I'm not a happy camper AT ALL! I'm not happy with Courtney and I'm not happy that Brittanie hasn't stood up to Courtney and told her NO KEGGERS! Reisha is a Christian like Brittanie so they would outnumber Courtney. But she is friends with Courtney and since Brittanie doesn't drink, she says Courtney pays rent there too. Tough! So do we. And Courtney, Reisha, and Brittanie are all under age. I firmly believe that had no parties ever been thrown this wouldn't have happened.

2 comments:

Minkydo said...

I would be furious as well. I'm so glad you are close enough to your daughter to get her. (((Lynnette and family)))

:)
Melinda

Aimee said...

Is there anyway that she can be removed as a roomate? Courtney should be with a different class of girls obviously. Did coutrney not realize her house key was missing? I would have had the locks changed immediately but it seems pointless if she isn't responsible enough to not have the type of parties or friends that she should be having. ex...non alcoholic parties to me are more fun. Anywho I hope that brittanie is ok and that they sit courtney down and let her know how they feel. Have a good day! Love ya sis!