Monday, September 29, 2008

Tom has a new car!!

Tom sold his truck Sunday and the search began for his new car. We did alot of research on the internet Sunday. Monday, we dropped Katie off at school, headed to the bank and cashed the check for the truck, and started test driving. The first one we drove was a Nissan Altima at Dick Smith Nissan in Lexington. It was my first choice from looking at it on the internet. Tom liked the sales staff and the car drove well but it didn't really stand out. Next we went to Herndon Chevrolet to drive a Malibu. The salesman we had didn't know much about the Malibu and when Tom
asked to drive it, he asked Tom why. WHY??? Who would buy a car without driving it? Later Tom asked to drive the Malibu hibrid and once again the salesman asked him why he wanted to drive it. Tom really liked the Malibu but decided that if that is the car he buys, he will get it from a different dealer. We then headed to the auto mile and went to Jim Hudson Hyundai to test drive the Azera. Tom had researched this car but also looked at the Genesis on the internet and thought it was an awesome car so he wanted to drive it first....even though it was way out of his price range. He thought while he was already there, he just had to drive it because it was an awesome car. He drove both the Genesis and the Azera and really liked both but he REALLY loved the Genesis. But the mean little cheap man inside of him kept telling him no. We can easily afford this car. Tom just didn't want to spend the money. I convinced him to buy it and I left him there to go pick up Katie from school. When I got home, he texted me that I may have to go pick him up because he didn't think he could stand paying that much for a car. I used a little reverse psychology on him and told him that Love Chevrolet had a Malibu like he wanted in stock and we can always go there and get it and even told him I would go pick him up. He then said "But I really want this car!" That's what I thought!! So I told him that he shouldn't settle for less than what he wants because he won't be happy with it. I have to say, the Hyundai Genesis is so much like a Lexus. It is incredible!!! It is a gorgeous car. He has great taste! It is a 3.8 liter V6, sapphire blue metallic on the outside, and charcoal gray on the inside. It has an awesome sound system, XM satellite radio (which means I get the one that was in his truck for my van cuz he now has one in his new car), heated leather seats, push button ignition, bluetooth interface, MP3/USB interface to play music through the sound system, and the list goes on. It was mistaken for a Lexus today! Someone actually asked him what model of Lexus it was. Here are the pictures we took last night.One thing that I find really cool is that key fob. Not only does that thing make the push button start feature work but he doesn't even have to hit the button to unlock the door. As long as the key fob is near the door (like in his pants pocket), it will send a signal to the door so that when he pulls on the handle, it will unlock and allow him to open it. Call me a redneck but I was impressed by so many things on this car. Leave it to Tom to find Lexus luxury at half the price.

No comments: