Sunday, September 21, 2008

I can't believe the weekend is almost over already!

This week felt like it drug by but the weekend is flying by. Tom was going to go shopping for a new car yesterday but decided to sell his truck first and then go shopping. So around noon, I called Joanie, who cleans our house, as they know alot of people and her husband is a mechanic. Her husband, Tim, answered the phone and I told him that Tom wanted to sell his truck and how much he wanted for it. Later that afternoon, Joanie called and told me Tim's sister, Edie, wants Tom to tell Tim what is wrong with the truck. So Tom did that. Well this morning, Joanie called and wanted to know when they can come and get the truck today. There is a problem. Tom is on a flight to San Francisco. His flight was at 10am this morning and he won't be home till Friday night. The truck is in his name so I couldn't give them the title but the biggest problem is that the truck is at the airport! He parked it in long term parking for the week. So they are going to come get it next Saturday. Forget the Trader, just call Tim and Joanie if you want to sell a vehicle quick! WOW! But I have to find the title to his truck this week and he will get it detailed Saturday morning before they come over. Then he will be able to go new car shopping. He has been researching what he wants for some time now. He wanted a Toyota Camry but he doesn't like the grill being the same color as the car. He would love a Nissan Maxima but that's too expensive and Tom is cheap. He said the Nissan Sentra looks like a girl car. He did look at the Chevy Malibu but he is like me....we hate Chevy. If one is given to me free of charge, I would drive it. But I can't imagine paying money for a GM vehicle. So chances are, he will end up with a Honda Accord.

Speaking of Tom going to San Francisco, Katie of course cried when he left and I held her as he walked out of the door. Well she grabbed the phone and called my mom and told her, "Maw-Maw, something very sad happened. My daddy left us." Of course my mom freaked out. Tom and I have been together 20 years and married 19 years. We get along great. So this was totally out of the blue and she made Katie give me the phone. I couldn't help but laugh because she was totally freaked out. I told her not to worry Tom and I will be together forever. We are perfect for each other. Nobody else would put up with our mean selves anyway! hahaha

Jessica is staying with me this week. I love having her around. I am teaching her how to cook jambalaya today and she is going to teach me how to cook Beaufort Stew later this week. We will make sure the smell of the Beaufort Stew is gone before Tom gets home. He hates the smell of seafood.

No comments: