Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Finally!

After a week of having no power, my mom and the rest of my family in St. Landry Parish have their electricity back! Thankfully Hurrican Ike looks like it is going to south Texas/Mexico. Things are calm for now. Over the weekend, my niece went to stay with my mom and while there, she saw a man in my mom's backyard trying to steal one of her generators. She called the police and the man ran away without the generator and unfortunately without being caught. Krotz Springs is not a high crime area. The only calls they ever get are domestic situations. But going dayswithout electricity in August in Louisiana can turn even law abiding citizens into criminals.

My childhood friend, Jana, took these pictures of Krotz Springs post Gustav:(above) This is Ray's Welding Shop....only a block from my mom's house.
(above) This mobile home is one street over from my mom's house.
I don't recognize this area but it is Krotz Springs. That is one huge tree!

No comments: