Thursday, February 12, 2009

Are you kidding me?

Ok so Katie has been having allergy problems...despite what Dr. Hairy Ears in Lexington said last Saturday. So I called her regular doctor, who always gives me what I ask for because he knows I know what I need. So I asked him to call Katie in some Dallergy. Well that was Monday. It wasn't ready Monday or Tuesday because Walgreens had to order it and they even went the extra mile to call 4 other Walgreens in the area and even one in Orangeburg, since Tom works there and could pick it up. None of them had it. Well I forgot to pick it up yesterday so Brittanie picked it up for me today. Instead of calling in liquid, the doctor's office called in caplets! My first thought was that they must dissolve on your tongue. Nope! She would have to swallow those big horse pills. She is 6!!! Her doctor should know better! So I have to call her doctor tomorrow morning and get him to call in liquid Dallergy for her and probably have to wait days for that too! grrrr

I worked at two pharmacies as a pharmacy tech and both pharmacies would have questioned the caplets for a 6-year-old! But the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of the doctor. It is so frustrating and scary that he is this careless!


No comments: