Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sorry

I said on my last post that I would be posting pictures from our wedding. I pulled the pictures out of the album and got ready to scan them but my scanner/printer combo won't cooperate! grrrr Hopefully when Tom gets home from work tonight, he can figure out why it won't connect and fix it. If all else fails, I can use my old scanner.

We had a very nice anniversary. We grilled steaks and stayed home because our real celebration starts tomorrow. We are going on a 4-day/3 night trip to Virginia and will be going to DC and Baltimore. If there is time, we may get to go to Philadelphia as well. I'm excited!

One of the things I love most about Tom and I is that we don't put stupid rules on our relationship. For instance, we don't demand romantic gifts. We get what we want whether that is romantic or not. By living this way, we really appreciate the occasional romantic gift or gesture. I knew Tom really wanted mud flaps for his Genesis. So that's what I bought him for our anniversary. He knew I really wanted photo albums so I can organize the colossal mess of pictures that totally packs out 2 1/2 drawers in our dresser. So that's what he got me. But he went the extra mile and ordered me 20 long stem red roses and the personal message was supposed to be written on a "Happy Anniversary" card. Unfortunately, they delivered 12 long stem red roses and the message was on a plain blank card. He was NOT happy. It didn't matter to me if it was 12 or 20. It truly was the thought that counted and the 12 that was delivered are absolutely beautiful! Just a side note, 1800Flowers...not the way to go. ProFlowers.com may be a better choice. You get a discount if you put the code "Mike and Mike" in the box when you check out. Tom originally called Sandy Run Florist, which isn't far from us. They told him they were running low on fresh flowers, except for the ones they have set aside for 1800Flowers but if he ordered them from there, they could do it and it would be cheaper. So that's what he did. But for some unknown reason, 1800Flowers got a florist from Two Notch Road in Columbia to do them! Again, the roses are beautiful but it wasn't what he ordered and it wasn't the closest florist either. Weird! Here is the picture of my beautiful roses.

No comments: