Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving. One thing I know for sure is I'm no gourmet chef. I hate cooking. I'm usually pretty good at it in that usually what I cook tastes good but absolutely hate it. Well last night, I was preparing everything with Brittanie and Justin's help. Brittanie was browning the ground Boston Butt pork roast to make my rice dressing (or dirty rice as it is called in South Carolina) and Justin was peeling the potatoes for the potato salad for me while I dealt with the turkey. Well after the eggs were boiled, Justin washed the potatoes and chopped them up for me and asked me what to do with them. I wasn't thinking and told him to put them in with the boiled and chopped up eggs. When I finished the turkey, I grabbed the bowl and plopped mayo and lots of mustard on top of the eggs and potatoes. When I started to stir, that's when I realized I left out a step. I forgot to boil the potatoes. DUH! We just scrapped it and decided not to have potato salad. We had plenty of food anyway. I had turkey drumsticks, rice dressing, cabbage and pork, corn, stuffing, and strawberry cheesecake. Tom was supposed to be timing the brown and serve rolls while I took the turkey out of the oven and did the last minute stuff and he forgot to time them and they burned. So we had no rolls or potato salad but there was plenty of food and we all got full, fat, and happy anyway.

After we ate, I was pooped so after putting away all of the food, I took a three hour nap. When I got up, I sat down in my computer chair and Tom and Brittanie ran to me and started hugging me and telling me how much they loved me and appreciated that I wasn't a psycho. Mmmmmkkkkk???? I didn't understand at first but after they explained an incident that happened while I was sleeping, I understood. I don't want to put it on the blog so if you are curious, e-mail me and I'll tell you.

Tonight, I'm going to type while Tom and Katie watch Nemo on ABC. She is used to watching it on her DVD with no commercials. So she gets upset when the commercials come on. But I think she is getting used to it now.

Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: