Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Look what Brittanie got!!

On the 29th of October, the Swansea High School JROTC Rifle Team competed at Keenan High School. They took 3rd place as a team overall and 1st place in prone shooting as a team. Brittanie had her best competition to date. She broke a school record shooting a 221. (Although I expect her to break her own record soon as she shot 237 at practice yesterday.) To commemorate her accomplishment, her assistant coach, Mr. Smith, had this plaque made for her.Her name is misspelled but we will get that fixed. It was just so sweet of him to do that! She got the plaque at rifle team practice yesterday and couldn't wait to get back to Gaston to show it to her Uncle Jimmy. Afterall, he is the one who taught her to shoot.

She was really surprised because she didn't know he took this picture. Mr. Smith's son is on the rifle team with Brittanie and he (according to his son) has been encouraging his son to ask Brittanie out. But Brittanie is head over heels for Justin. It is just so sweet that Mr. Smith thinks so highly of Brittanie. He even bought her a $70 scope for her rifle. I think he, like Brittanie, wants her to get that perfect 300 shot! First Sgt. told me that Brittanie is a very special cadet and he sees great things in her future. I'm so proud of her!!! I've always known Brittanie was
wonderful but I'm her mom. It is so great when others see it too!! It is especially flattering when someone picks her out for his son. I know as a parent, I'm picky when it comes to Brittanie. Not just anyone is worthy of my daughter....in my eyes anyway. (By the way, Justin would have definitely been one of my choices for her, if I had a vote. He is such a sweetheart!!!)

But anyway, here is a picture of the entire rifle team together:
Top row standing from left to right is Justin Long, Brittany Hollingsworth, Carl (don't know his last name), and Whittig.
Bottom row kneeling from left to right is Kathleen Dangerfield, Keegan Smith, Brittanie, and Josh Titus.

By the way, take a good look at Josh Titus because that young man has quite a bright future ahead of him. The sky is the limit. Brittanie admires him so much. He is the Command Sargeant Major and leads the color guard. He would make a great battalion commander. I can see him being the next Colin Powell!!

No comments: