Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's Christmas time!


Well we are just about done decorating. I need to put the big "Merry Christmas from the Sightlers" sign in the front yard with the light and we are done. Katie forgot how Christmas was last year so just like last year, this was all a surprise to her. She thinks all the decorations are "so pweutty!" She loves the tree most of all. She is a true Sightler and loves trains so she was very excited when Tom put the train around the tree. She asked me yesterday why we were putting that stuff up. I told her that we are going to celebrate Jesus' birthday for the whole month! Of course of Christmas day we will have birthday cake and sing happy birthday to Jesus, like we always do. Santa isn't welcome at our house. Katie doesn't have a clue about Santa and that's for the best. As far as she knows, the red man in the suit has no name and is just part of the decorations. Brittanie has always known the true meaning of Christmas and that we give gifts to our loved ones because God, our father, gave us the ultimate gift....his son....because he loved us. That's what we are teaching Katie as well. I don't understand people who think that not teaching kids the lie about Santa will ruin Christmas for them. Katie has no clue she is getting gifts for Christmas. She is just enjoying the decorations and she told me today, "I LOVE Christmas!" Who needs Santa? Here are some pictures of our new tree and the fireplace. The picture of the bookcase was taken last year because the only thing that has changed is my computer and I didn't think it was important enough to take another picture just to show my new computer.

No comments: