Friday, June 08, 2007

My little control freak!

Today is Katie's last day of soccer camp and she didn't want to go. Tom and I both gave her a little pep talk but she still wasn't at all happy about having to go because she hates the heat....which has been her only gripe all week. Well when we got to the soccer field, she unbuckled, stood up, and put her arms on the dashboard with her head down on her arms....like she was depressed about having to go. It was so sad. I just couldn't make her go after seeing her like that. So I saw her coach at the top of the stairs and called her over and told her that Katie didn't want to stay because of the heat and could I just get her T-shirt that they give out on the last day. She said sure and ran up there to get Katie a shirt. Well after she left, Katie said "I changed my mind. I want to go." I said "Baby, you don't have to go if you don't want to. It's ok." She said "No. I want to go. Bye!" She jumped out of the van and smiled and waved at me all the way up the stairs. It's all about control! When I was making her go, she didn't want to go. But when she didn't have to go, she made the decision to go. She is just like Tom and I....we HATE being controlled. But I swear we didn't start this stuff till much later. She is going to be something else when she becomes a teenager. Have mercy!

Here is picture of Katie on her last day of Columbia College Soccer Camp!


ADDENDUM: When I picked up Katie from soccer camp today, she was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she is going to miss Miss Jamie, her camp coach...who is actually a Columbia College soccer player. She was broken hearted. This child who griped and complained ALL week about not wanting to go to camp is now going to miss it. Have mercy! But Jamie and another girl suggested that I talk to the soccer coach, April, and ask if Katie can be a ball girl for the team next year. I will talk that over with Tom and see if that is something she should do.

No comments: