Sunday, December 02, 2007

Catching up

It's been awhile since I updated on family stuff so while it is quiet in the house, I thought I'd do that.Friday night, Brittanie sat on Tom's lap. She loves her daddy!Well Katie thinks that Tom is HER daddy and has never wanted to share him with me or Brittanie. So she climbed up on Tom and hit Brittanie. That's when the fight started!When the fight started, Tom just threw his hands in front of his face to avoid being hit in the face. We finally get things calmed down. Katie kisses her daddy. Then Brittanie kissed her daddy....and it was on again!It was all in good fun for Brittanie but Katie was seriously mad. lol

Saturday morning, Tom flew to New Jersey and Brittanie went to Midlands Tech to take her SAT's again. We are praying that now that she has ALOT less stress than she did the last time she took it her score will improve. She said it was alot easier this time around. Last time she
couldn't concentrate at all.
Saturday afternoon, Brittanie's new boyfriend, Cameron, came over. I was able to meet him for the first time and though he was pretty quiet, I know Tom will like him. He is a Christian young man that has never drank, smoked, did drugs of any type, or had sex in any manner and he goes to church because he wants to and teaches a class at church as well. That's impossible to find here in Gaston and Swansea. Cameron is from Sumter. Brittanie had to admit having a boyfriend that lives an hour away is great because she can concentrate on her classes because he isn't in the same school as her. There is no typical high school drama of people starting rumors about seeing him with another girl because they don't go to the same school. They have plenty of time to do their homework and chores during the week because they can't talk on the phone unless it is all done. He is a 17 and a Junior. Brittanie is so happy...as you can see in the picture (above). Well she had to go to her first of 7 military balls last night. Cameron is in chorus at school and they have to wear a tux for performances so he owns his own tux. His mom is a florist so he gave her a very nice corsage. She wore the purple dress that she had worn to the military ball with Justin two years before. Well they get to the ball and guess who is there....Justin. His girlfriend is in JROTC at Pelion. He couldn't look at Brittanie....which is fine with me. lol But they looked great together. Here are some pictures that I took before they left. I bought a package of pictures from the ball and when those come in, I'll post those too.While Brittanie and Cameron were at the military ball, I took Katie to see the Christmas lights at Saluda Shoals Park in Irmo. She LOVED them. At one point there was a big unicorn and we don't believe in unicorns so I said "Look Katie! Look at the horse." She said "Actually, that is a unicorn not a horse." Excuse me! LOL When we got done there, we went to Hope Ferry Road in Lexington to see the Derrick family's huge holiday display. It was gorgeous...as usual. Then we headed to Oak Grove to the Crepe Myrtle cul de sac. All the houses down there decorate every year. It was very nice again this year. I am going to take Katie to see the lights at James Island when we take Brittanie to the Daughtry concert in Charleston on the 14th. Katie and I are the only ones in the house who love Christmas lights. Tom and Brittanie could care less. I'm glad Katie loves them like I do. Now I will have someone to go with me every year hunting Christmas lights!

Brittanie has to march in the Swansea Christmas parade this afternoon and the Gaston Christmas parade next Saturday morning leading her JROTC cadets. If you are looking for a parade to take your family to that won't have the massive crowds that Columbia attracts, check out Swansea's parade (today at 3pm) and Gaston's parade (Saturday at 10am).

Tom will be back Tuesday and he told me that his flight arrives at 3pm. I told him that since he will be back so early, he should run by Lowe's and get us a live Christmas tree so we can put our tree up Tuesday night. He said "Did I say 3pm? I meant 9pm." Uhhh huh...too late! I'm not falling for it. lol

No comments: