Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Is it just my family?

I have always said that my family has a unique way of saying things. Well my mom is the most unique of all. Last week, my mom's first cousin died and she called me and told me "You know my cousin, Tee? His sister died." I said, "Ummmm wouldn't that make his sister your cousin too?" She said, "Oh yeah!" Well yesterday another cousin died. She called me again. "Lynette, you know my cousin, Percy? His sister died." That time I started laughing and she didn't like that I was laughing. I told her that I wasn't laughing that the woman died. Heck I didn't even know her. I just think it is funny the way she thinks. Instead of saying "My cousin, Virgie, died." She says "My cousin, Percy's sister died." Is that my own family weirdness or do other people have this same weirdness?

No comments: