Thursday, December 13, 2007

Is it just me?

Is it just me or is it hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it is 80 degrees outside? This is nuts! I was used to this in Louisiana but I have enjoyed actually having winter weather in December in South Carolina for the last 11 years....not this year. We are going to my nephew's house in Louisiana and he said if the weather continues like it has been....in the 70's and 80's....he is going to set up a canopy and we can spend the day outside in the fresh air. This is not Christmas....that's Easter! *sigh*

You know how each year there is a toy that is in high demand and nobody can find one? Well the toy Katie asked for evidently is one of those toys. It is a My Little Pony Pinkie Pie Premie.
We can't find one at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, or Toys R Us....in the stores or on the web! Amazon doesn't have it either. I had to go to Hasbro.com and buy it directly from the manufacturer. This is a $15 toy. I don't understand what the big deal is about it but it evidently is in high demand. Now I'm worried about Brittanie's gift. She wants a Rock Band game for her PS2. I preordered it on Amazon and they said it would come out on the 13th. Today I got a message that they canceled my order because they aren't going to have it in stock. I went to BestBuy.com and CircuitCity.com and both said it will come out on the 19th. Now I'm nervous that we won't be able to get it at all. The PS3 and XBox 360 versions are already out but she only has a PS2 and I think it is a waste of money to buy game systems. We didn't buy her the PS2. She paid for it with her own money. So she may have to save up and upgrade to a new system. I've never been a big gamer so I don't understand spending that much money on video games.

Should be an interesting Christmas!

No comments: