Saturday, December 08, 2007

Gaston Christmas Parade 2007

We went to the Gaston Christmas Parade this morning and sat in Grandma Sightler's yard to watch as Brittanie lead her cadets in the last parade of her senior year. She did a great job and as always, we were very proud of her. I tried to make her laugh but she wasn't having it. Tom video taped the JROTC part of the parade and I uploaded it to YouTube.
I took pictures as well. We had a great time! Brittanie is right behind the banner and in front of the color guard walking by herself and keeping everyone in step. Here are the pictures:Nothing runs like a Deere!!It wouldn't be Gaston without the ultimate redneck car. I love the General Lee!This is one of the many trucks in the Hicktown 4x4 club entry of the parade. I LOVED this truck...yep I'm a redneck at heart....so I had to take a picture!

After the parade, Brittanie went home and changed clothes and headed out to go back to Sumter to see Cameron (she was just there last night) and go ice skating with him and his church youth group. Before getting on I-77, she decided to run by McDonald's to get some lunch. She didn't realize that she was behind her Aunt Sandra (who also lives next door to us). But Sandra saw her and when Brittanie got up to the window to pay for her food, the woman handed her a receipt and told her that Sandra had just paid for her meal. Wasn't that sweet? That just made Brittanie's day. She thought that was so sweet! She was so touched that she actually called me to tell me about it. We do have wonderful people in our lives!!

No comments: