Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Tom is home!!!

Tom got home around 6:30 last night. It was so good to have him home! Katie really missed him but when he got home without a present for her, she got mad at him. He always buys her a souvenir when he goes on his trips. Well he has been to New Jersey numerous times and he flew in and out of Philadelphia but he and Brittanie brought us back souvenirs from there this past summer. So he didn't think about getting her something on this trip. Well she wasn't happy about that at all. Eventually she got over it and climbed up on his lap and demanded he tell her what to be when she grows up. She had the same conversation with me earlier in the day. She told me she wants to be a race car driver. I told her she could do that. Then she said maybe a football coach. I told her that was unrealistic because I doubt I will ever see the day that women get paid to be a football coach. So then she starts naming jobs that make little to no money and I told her that she is smart and should aim higher for a job that makes more money. Well when she had the conversation with Tom, she told him that she wanted to pick a job that made lots of money but didn't know what. He told her that she has to do what makes her happy first then worry about money. He asked her about being a vet since she likes animals. She said she loves animals but that would be a stinky job because animals poop. She didn't want to be a doctor because those sick people would get her sick. She said she wanted to type like I do. I told her that was boring and to pick something else. She was stressing out over what she was going to be and then it hit her. She wants to be a dentist! What is it with our girls and teeth??? Brittanie was 5 years old...just like Katie....when she declared she wanted to be a dentist. She would still be on that path if she were good in science. I think Katie will be good at science. She and Tom talk about tons of scientific stuff all the time. She loves it. I met get a dentist or doctor in the family one day afterall!

No comments: