Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend update!

One of Brittanie's Christmas gifts this year was two tickets to see Chris Daughtry in concert this past Friday night (December 14th) in Charleston. Brittanie gets lost in Cayce/West Columbia. I definitely didn't want her going to Charleston by herself. So I decided to take her and her friend, Courtney, down there. While I was down there I wanted to see the Christmas lights at James Island. So I got Jenny (my best friend/Tom's cousin) and her daughter, Jessica, and son, Allan, to go with me. Well after all the talking I did about Brittanie getting lost....I got lost trying to find the lights. In my defense, the map from Google stunk...even Tom said so. Thankfully I had cell signal and Tom lead us to the lights and then back to the coliseum to get Brittanie and Courtney. The lights at James Island were GORGEOUS and well worth the drive and the $10! Brittanie didn't have as good of a time. She said it was cool seeing Chris Daughtry but he sang old stuff like Tears for Fears, a tribute to John Lennon and Johnny Cash. I get Tears for Fears but John Lennon and Johnny Cash....EESH! He is younger than me singing that ancient crap! Oh well at least she can say she saw him in person even though we won't spend any more money on concert tickets to see him perform that junk.

Saturday was Brittanie's last drill team and rifle team competition of her high school career. It was the state competition and Tom was there to get it on tape. So I uploaded it to YouTube. The first two are Brittanie leading her unarmed platoon and unarmed squad in their drill competition. The last video is the armed drill and even though she wasn't leading it, she was in there. You can see her blonde hair.







Today, Tom and Brittanie went to the Carolina Panthers game and the curse was broken! Our Panthers won 13 to 10!!! Tom said they had a GREAT time. The seats were club level and on the 40 yard line....outstanding seats. Because of the Panthers' record, only the die hard fans were there....which Tom prefers. He is hoarse from all the screaming. But he and Brittanie had a blast and when they won, people were celebrating big time!

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. We are also in the countdown to Louisiana. We are leaving Sunday and my mom is coming back with us to spend 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to it! Katie is the most excited one though. She calls my mom 100 times a day on the phone. Thank goodness for unlimited long distance! hehehe

By the way, I was reading on dailyworld.com that my hometown in Louisiana just opened their very first library. Welcome to the 1920's! It is 2007. We don't really need libraries thanks to the internet. You can download books to read. I think Tom disagrees with me but I think libraries are a waste of money, especially new ones. The Krotz Springs Elementary library was pretty good when I was growing up. I had to go to Opelousas' library when I needed to do a paper and all the materials I needed were checked out. But nowadays, you can find whatever information you need on the internet. But hey, you can't go by me. I think I was the only honor student in the world who hated to read.

No comments: