Thursday, January 10, 2008

I almost forgot!

Brittanie has decided to take a cake decorating class....which she starts tonight....and guitar lessons. She has been wanting to play drums and a guitar for years but I was afraid it would be like piano and she would get bored and quit. Well we already had the piano that my mother-in-law left with us when they moved. So we only had to pay for lessons. But I wasn't going to invest a ton of money into a musical instrument she wouldn't play down the road. So when she popped up recently saying she will buy the guitar if I will pay for the lessons, I agreed. We consulted our local Nashville star, Red Fraley, as I am friends with him and especially his wife, and I knew he would know exactly what she needed. He called yesterday with a guitar for her. He bought it new for almost $700 years ago and sold it to his friend for $400 and convinced his friend to sell it to Brittanie for $200. It is a Yamaha professional acoustic electric and is dark emerald green. It is beautiful. Red even sold her one of his very nice hard cases for $75....which my mom wanted to buy for her. Red gave her a tuner and some picks and now all she needs is a strap. She went to Books a Million last night and bought "Guitar for Dummies" so she can learn the basics before she starts taking lessons with Red. Speaking of the lessons, Red told us yesterday he won't charge us for teaching Brittanie to play. So I am definitely getting the good end of this deal! hehehe

Brittanie was so happy yesterday to have her guitar. She couldn't wait to call Cameron (her boyfriend, who also plays guitar) and tell him. She went to church last night and told her friends there and headed to Books a Million after church. Well on the way to Books a Million, she got pulled over by a state trooper on I-26. He said she was doing 76 in a 60. She said she was going 63 and that he must have clocked the red car in front of her. But you can't argue with a cop. So she got a ticket for $76.88. I am going to send her to court so hopefully they will drop the fine a little. When she got the ticket in Swansea, she was hysterical because she knew she messed up. Last night she was livid because she knew she wasn't speeding. But it is her word against his that she was actually the one she clocked. Now she sees why police officers are hated.

No comments: