Friday, January 04, 2008

Teaching them what's right early

Next week is homecoming week at Katie's school. They sent home a list of different things for them to wear on different days. On the way home from school today, I was at a red light and reading the list and Thursday they ask each class to wear a different color. Katie is in K4 and they have asked K4 to wear orange. When I read that, Katie said "Mom please don't send me to school that day." I asked why and she said "Because I don't want to wear orange!" I asked her why not. She said "Because I'm NOT going to dress like a Clemson fan! I HATE Clemson! YUCK!" I love it! I'm going to buy her two Gamecock shirts this weekend....one for Monday (which is your favorite sport team) and the other I hope will be this shirt or one similar to it:On the home front, Katie is still trying to scare my mom but mom isn't telling me about it and with my headphones on while working, I don't know about it unless she tells me. But the latest thing is actually pretty funny. My mom is VERY hard of hearing and Katie gets frustrated with having to repeat everything to my mom. So she has started talking VERY loudly.....practically yelling. Yesterday my mom asked her if she was hungry and Katie yelled "YES I'M HUNGRY!" Mom asked her what she wanted to eat and Katie yelled "I WANT A PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH!!" It was hilarious! Today in the van on the way home, she was talking about colors and she yelled "MAW-MAW, WHAT COLOR IS CLOSE TO BLACK?" Mom was laughing so hard that she couldn't hardly answer her. Katie B is something else!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Orange loves playing against USC.

Auburn 6-1-1
Clemson 64-37-4
Tennessee 31-3-2