Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mom update

Since mom has been here, Katie has monopolized her time. So Brittanie decided to take mom out to dinner tonight....just the two of them. Brittanie loves Yamato's so that is where she took mom. My mom will be 77 on Friday and is a small town woman. She hasn't seen much in her life. So when I told her about Yamato's she said she would rather just go walking around some stores with Brittanie. I told her that she has walked around stores and can walk around stores in Louisiana. I told her that she needs to experience this for once in her life. She was happy that Brittanie wanted to spend some time alone with her but she was reluctant to go to a Japanese restaurant. Well she is soooooo glad she went. She had a blast. Brittanie and mom were the first ones seated at their table so they were right next to the chef. She told me that he gave her alot of attention and would call her mom and when he would cook for each person, he would give them their portion and give her a little bit of their food too. hahaha She thought he was hilarious and just had a great time.

After they left Yamato's, they headed to Wal-Mart in West Columbia to buy a cake pan and cake mix and stuff for Brittanie to make a cake to take to her cake decorating class Thursday night. They didn't have what Brittanie wanted so they are headed to the Red Bank Wal-Mart. It is 10:30pm and they still aren't home and they left at 5:30 this afternoon. They called to let me know they are changing Wal-Marts and they sound like they are having a blast! When they walked into the Red Bank Wal-Mart, the greeter (who is mom's age) asked my mom "Where have you been all my life?" She was grinning from ear to ear telling me about it. It made her night! hehehe

My mom has adored Brittanie since she was born but after we moved here, Brittanie grew up and they grew apart. My mom is loving the attention Brittanie is giving her tonight. I'm so glad they did it! We are taking her home Friday and hopefully she will have some good memories to go home with.

No comments: