Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great night

Last night Tom, Brittanie, Katie, Randy, and I went to O'Charley's in Lexington to celebrate Tom's birthday. We had a good time. After we ate, Brittanie and Randy headed home and Tom, Katie and I went exploring in Lexington. It was dark but when you house hunt, you should really check out a neighborhood at night to see how well lit it is, as well as if there are undesirables walking the streets....at least that is my main concern. We rode through Vista Springs and it is a gorgeous neighborhood. Of course I want the biggest house in the neighborhood. We rode around several places including going to Hammock Bay, which he wasn't as impressed with as Brittanie and I were. On the way back from Hammock Bay, we saw a sign that said "To I-20." Tom wanted to see where that went. We used to do that all the time....just take a road and see where we come out. I love exploring with him! He is a human GPS so we are never really lost. Last night, he wasn't sure where he was. We passed by Michelin and US Food Service and he decided the road we were on ended up in Red Bank. To me, we were headed in the wrong direction but, again, he is the human GPS and was right. When we got to Red Bank, Brittanie called me. She didn't have her house key. I told her she would have to wait. That ended our exploring unfortunately.

After we got home, Brittanie badgered Tom to cut the cookie. He didn't want any but she wasn't cutting HIS cookie. So he grumbled a bit and went and cut it for her. Then Jessica got home and we went into redneck mode. We played the "What weird thing can you do" game. Jessica showed us how her jaw pops in and out and told me to feel her cheek when she did it. Then she jumped up and went to Tom and told him to feel her cheek.
Tom doesn't touch anyone but me, Brittanie, and Katie. He may make exceptions occasionally like he loves our niece, Leah, so of course she is exempt from the "don't touch me" rule. But Jessica doesn't fall into that category. He loves her...like all of us do....but she isn't exempt. She said "Put your hand on my cheek!" He said "No. I'm not a touchy feely person." Anyone who knows Jessica knows she is going to have fun with this one. She kept getting closer and closer to him while he pulled away. He even threatened to spit on her, knowing she HATES spit. It was so funny that I had to take pictures!

No comments: