Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mixed reactions

I mentioned in my previous post that I love my table and chairs. Jessica hates it....she doesn't like black. She is more of a brown person and I absolutely hate brown. Different strokes for different folks. Brittanie doesn't like the table because she said it looks like paneling on top. That is what I like about the table. It gives it style. Tom got home and initially said he liked it then I told him what Brittanie said and he said he didn't really care for that either. You can't please everyone so when it comes to the table and chairs, I'm fine with being the only one pleased. :-)

Jessica went with me to pick up Katie from school yesterday and we rode around several places in Lexington that I wanted to see in the daytime. She showed me the castle home off of Old Chapin Road. That was neat to see but I wouldn't want a house like that. But right past the castle house was a subdivision that I really liked but unfortunately no homes for sale in there. But Tom and I have pretty much decided to stick to the 5 year plan we originally had. Brittanie will be graduated by then and maybe even married. That will give us plenty of time to upgrade the rest of the house and landscape the yard. By then hopefully the economy will be back to normal and we can get top dollar for our house. We won't stop looking for areas we would like to live and keep our eyes open for a good deal. I love the 378 area headed towards Gilbert. Tom said last night that would make it easier for him to get to work as he could go the back way through Pelion. That's also in the Lexington 1 school district, which is what we would like to stick with. I have to admit that waiting 5 years is going to be tough because I love house shopping and am looking forward to moving. But in the meantime, I will be able to enjoy the upgrades we do to our present home.

No comments: