Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Settle an argument for me.

We are redoing our kitchen and today we are having our cabinets painted. Jessica has been laughing at the way I pronounce cabinet. She pronounces it "cabnet" and I pronounce it phonetically..."cabinet." Randy's parents are painting our cabinets for us and she asked them how they pronounce it and they say "cabnet" as well.

I called my niece and she was raised with me so of course she says it my way. Jessica said that doesn't count. So I texted a few people. As I'm typing this, I have gotten 3 responses....all from college educated people....one is my sister in Louisiana, one is my best friend from Irmo, SC, and the other is my friend from Detroit, Michigan. They all pronounce it the same way I do...with the short "i" sound in the middle.

So let me hear from my readers. How do you pronounce cabinet? Is it cabnet or cabinet? Leave me a comment or email me if you have my email address.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I pronounce it the "SOUTHERN" way. Cabnet. LoL

Scott said...

Cabinet, must be the yankee in me.