Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I love my father-in-law

I know I have said this before but I think it bears repeating. I have the best father-in-law on the planet. I truly believe he loves our girls....and us of course but our girls are the most important thing. I had horrible grandparents and I wanted better for my girls. My dad was so close to Brittanie but he died when she was 10....2 years before Katie was born. My father-in-law was wonderful even before then but he has really stepped up to bridge that gap left by my dad's death. I mentioned on my previous blog that I was having childcare problems this week. I asked Tom if it would be ok to ask his parents to keep Katie this week. He said that was fine so I called his dad and he sounded genuinely happy I asked....almost excited to have her. In fact, he actually took off work this morning to meet me in Clinton to get Katie from me and he is taking off work tomorrow to keep Katie because Tom's mom is working all day tomorrow. That's a huge deal to me because he and Tom are both alike....work-a-holics. Today when I met him in Clinton he thanked me for letting them keep Katie.....like I was doing them a favor when really they are doing me a huge favor. He is wonderful. Tom is sooooooooooo blessed to have him for a dad. I know that's where Tom gets his paternal instincts from. Tom is a wonderful husband and father. Men like Tom don't grow on trees. They are taught by equally wonderful daddies. I'm so blessed!!!

Brittanie was supposed to have promotion board yesterday and once again it was cancelled. They can be so unorganized! The good news is, Brittanie had her shoot off today and made the cut so she will be shooting at the Rifle Team competition Saturday. When I talked to my father-in-law this week, I found out that he used to be able to shoot a quarter in the air. I've always said Brittanie got all of her talents from Tom's side of the family. Just add marksmanship to that list.

Tom is feeling better but I made him go to the doctor this morning anyway. He had been sick since Friday and I worry about him when he stays in bed like he did because that is just not Tom. Well now I have caught it. I'm running fever today and struggling to stay up to type. But I HAVE to get my stuff done because I have Brittanie's rifle team competition and the Collard Festival this weekend. I won't have time to type this weekend. I want to be able to enjoy this weekend as I LOVE the Collard Festival, and not have to worry about my typing. Also I'm working the election Tuesday so I want to be caught up for that day. I just hope this cold goes away soon. Pray for me!!!

No comments: