Monday, September 12, 2005

Things are looking up

I'm getting better with each passing day and hopefully by next weekend I'll be completely back to normal. I had to cancel my lunch date with Samantha for today because the last thing she needs is for me to give her something that could settle in her lungs the way it has in mine. We have rescheduled for Friday and I'm pretty confident I will be back to normal by then.

Katie is back to normal. No more runny nose or cough. I'm still taking her to the allergist today because she obviously is allergic to down and who knows what else. I want to find out and get it fixed because the reaction to the down lasted 2 weeks after the down was removed from her room.

Tom wasn't a happy camper yesterday as his beloved Panthers lost to the Saints by a field goal. We are very sympathetic to everything the people from New Orleans are going through but the announcers mentioned it 100000000000000 times during the game. Ya know if that football game was supposed to take their minds off their troubles, the announcers didn't help by bringing it up everytime they opened their mouths. I understand the commercials during the game because we need to raise as much money as possible to help everyone who lost so much because of this hurricane. But the announcers were down right annoying.

I'm very proud of Brittanie. She has matured to the point where she realizes she needs to keep her options open when it comes to college. Just because she has wanted to be a dentist since she was 5 doesn't mean she HAS to be a dentist. Her life doesn't have to be carved in stone.....especially not at 14!! Here is an snipet from her blog that she created last night:
Well, my presentation in JROTC class about the uniforms went extremely well, I was impressed with myself. And that NEVER happens. I realized that I really have a nack for teaching. My mom told me to keep my options open in the career field, and that is what I intend to do. To tell you the truth, I honestly don't think I'm smart enough for medical school. And I can tell that my parents have their doubts also. So maybe this is where I am suppose to be, I don't know. But it feels good to have that option. Before it was medical or ....?... I didn't know what to put there. Nothing felt right so I was kinda hopeless if I couldn't make it in medical school. But now I have something to fill that blank spot and it's comforting.

Brittanie is smart and talented. She will do well in life no matter what she chooses. But I do see this love for ROTC and she is most happy after a day of teaching the Let 1's. I don't see her as an elementary teacher. She and I both lack the patience for that. But I can certainly see her teaching military instruction in a college or university.

One piece of big news is that Tom is considering buying us a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT. Chrysler has that employee discount promotion running right now and it makes having a top of the line van affordable. We were planning on buying one a couple of years after Brittanie got her Mustang (which will be next year) but with this super deal and the better gas mileage, less expensive tires, and more room we would get with a Caravan, we had to consider it. If this is in God's will, He will make sure we get top dollar for our Jeep as well as find the van we want as, from what I have read, since this promotion started in July, the inventory has been seriously depleted. I'm not going to settle on anything. I am somewhat flexible on color, although I don't want white. But we are going to shop around until we find exactly what we want. So everyone pray that if this is God's will, that it will work out and if it isn't, stop it cold.

No comments: