Wednesday, September 14, 2005

We got it!!!

Well, we officially have a new vehicle. Tom and I traded in our 2003 Jeep Liberty for a 2005 Town and Country Touring minivan. It is brand new and with the employee discount, we couldn't resist. It has a 6 disc in-dash DVD/CD player, a single CD player, a tape deck, very nice stereo system, and rear video screen and two wireless headphones! It can play through the headphones or through the speakers in the van. It also has input plugs so Brittanie can use her Playstation. It has a switch that lets you move the gas and brake peddle up and down for shorties like me to pull up and long-legged people like Tom to lower down. The key is a keyfob too and it opens and closes both sliding doors and the lift gate in the back. It was exactly what I wanted...right down to the color. I called all over Columbia looking for it and couldn't find it. But I did find one out in Johnston, SC at Jim Satcher Motors. They were so nice to us and gave us an incredible deal on our Jeep. It took an hour to get there but it was worth the drive. They also are a Ford dealer so next year when we start shopping for Brittanie's mustang, we are going there first.

I'm including some pictures of Katie enjoying the van today. She LOVED being able to watch Toy Story while we rode around last night. This is going to make going to Louisiana so much better. There are plugs all over the van so we can plug our phones as well as Brittanie's MP3 player and she can watch a movie on her portable DVD player while Katie watches her movie on the built in screen in the van. I LOVE IT!!!






When we got home from the dealer, we got additional good news. The candidate I support for Lexington County Council, Jim Kinard, won the Republican primary last night. I was supposed to work the polls but I'm not over the junk I have been sick with all weekend so I didn't want to risk getting everyone sick so I didn't go. I couldn't wait to hear the results. When Jenny called to give me the news, I was thrilled. Now he faces the democratic candidate and if he wins, he will be on the county council. I'm going to continue praying that God will keep blessing his campaign. He has taken the high road and never responded to less than kind remarks that were made. He didn't trash talk about the other candidates he was running against because he truly respects everyone who is running. He really cares about the people of our community and does alot for us. Our community has been so fortunate to have him as a school board member and hopefully by October 4th, we will be fortunate enough to have him serve us as county councilman. I'm going to keep praying!!

No comments: