Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Birthday, Jesus!!

Happy Birthday, Jesus!!

We have a family tradition of singing Happy Birthday and having birthday cake to make sure Christmas is always recognized as Jesus' birthday. Here is Katie blowing out the candle. For some reason, she keeps calling it God Jesus' birthday but that's fine, as long as she knows the real meaning of Christmas.

We had a great Christmas this year. I posted the gifts Tom and I got earlier. But I figured I would list what we got and a few pictures too. So here we go.
Tom: Slingbox, Logitech remote, Carolina Panthers wallet (from Brittanie), Carolina Panthers office set, Carolina Panthers wall clock, Carolina Panthers T-shirt, Carolina Panthers polo, Carolina Panthers helmet Fathead (below), and a silver truck with a clock in it (from his parents).

Lynette: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, rice cooker (from Brittanie) and a $30 gift card (from Tom's parents)
Brittanie: Silver Army bracelet watch, Hollister August perfume, Fantasy perfume, Disney's Man of the house DVD, Lethal Weapon 4 DVD, The Sims 2 Playstation game, Mary Kay Satin hands, Mary Kay Satin lips, Mary Kay eye care kit, silver bracelet with a heart with her initial on it (from Tom's parents), $20 (from my mom), $20 (from my niece), a promise ring (from Justin), a necklace and bracelet set (from Justin), Fantasy perfume, lotion, and lip gloss set (from Justin), pink stuffed elephant (from Justin), decorated glass (from Justin's mom), McDonald's Arch card (from Justin's mom).This is Justin putting on the promise ring and below is the picture of her with her ring on and him wearing the Carolina Panthers watch she gave him for Christmas.

Katie: $20 from my mom, $20 from my niece, silver necklace with a heart with her initial on it (from Tom's parents), Three Little Pigs book and cartridge for her Care Bear Share a Story, Cinderella book and cartridge for her Care Bear Share a Story, Leap Frog Phonics Radio, Leap Frog Phonics Writing Desk, Leap Frog Phonics Library, My First Leap Pad Learning Desk, My First Leap pad ABC's and 123's book and cartridge, Finding Nemo reading book (below), Blues Clues Silly seat (from Brittanie), a Barbie B-Bright laptop, Toy Story 2 DVD, Madagascar DVD, and Veggie Tales Joshua and the Big Wall DVD.

I have to say, Katie looked HORRIBLE this Christmas and it was all her fault. She snuck in the kitchen and tried to steal Christmas cookies from the counter, slipped, and skinned up her nose. For the past few days, we have been finding clumps of hair around my computer and on the sofa where I sit. I was terrified that I had cancer or something and planned to make an appointment to see my doctor asap. I was really worried about it. Well I came down the hall Friday and Tom pointed out yet another clump of hair where I had just walked and by that point, I was about to cry because it had to be bad for me to be losing that much hair. Well that's when I started looking at Katie and noticed her hair looked weird. I called her over to me and quickly realized it was her hair I was finding all over the place. She had taken the scissors out of the drawer by my computer and had been giving herself a VERY ugly haircut. Unfortunately, there was no time to take her to a hair dresser before Christmas but there will be no fixing what she did to what used to be bangs. It is WAY too short to be helped. So she had a skinned up nose and chopped up hair for Christmas. She looks like a homeless child!

No comments: