Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I am truly blessed!!


Brittanie and I have always been close. I fell in love with her the minute I found out I was pregnant. This morning I woke up with the best Christmas present I could have ever gotten in my inbox. Brittanie sent me this e-mail:

hey mamma.
I heard this song last night on the radio and it really got to me and made me think about some things. I know that I am not the best daughter at times. I have a rough day at school and my words get hard at home for no reason and I don't do my chores like I should, but I do love you with all my heart and you mean the world to me. I would not be half the person that I am today without you. I am so thankful that God gave me such a good mother cause as you know first hand, there are plenty of bad ones out there. I was blessed with you and I am so thankful for it. Here is the video link. Just click the link under the videos.
http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=all&p=somebody%27s+hero

If I wasn't crying enough from the e-mail, the video pushed me over the edge. Brittanie has such a big heart and is so loving. We are so blessed that God chose us to be her parents. I cry at the thought of her going to college or getting married but at the same time, I am looking forward to seeing her fulfill her dreams and becoming the young woman she wants to be.