Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tom's new toy

Tom got one of his Christmas presents a little early this year. The one thing he most wanted for Christmas was a Slingbox. It looks like this:
For those of you (like me) who hadn't heard of this before, let me tell you about it. It is a device that you hook to your TiVo and the internet so that you can watch your TiVo anywhere that you have internet access. This is such a cool device but it lets Tom (and his buddies at work) have a little too much fun at my expense. He opened it and hooked it up the night he got it. He then went to work and he and all his coworkers were playing with it. I knew he would so I had Katie watching DVD's so he could show the guys how it worked. Well later that afternoon, I was watching "As the World Turns" and they were about to show what would happen the next day and it was REALLY good and suddenly a menu popped up. I had the remote in my hand and assumed I must have accidently hit the button. So I went back to the show and it did it again. I fixed it again and put the remote down. This time, it rewound the show. That's when I knew it was Tom. Seems his boss thought it would be funny to see how long it would take me to call Tom and tell him to knock it off. LOL It didn't take long.

I am enjoying it too. While my soaps are recording, I'm usually typing. Well now I have the sling player window up with my soaps playing and when there is a storyline that I'm interested in that comes on, I stop, watch the scene, then mute it and go back to typing. It is GREAT!!!

I love our electronics toys!!!

No comments: