Friday, May 19, 2006

Brittanie got her license!!

Tom took Brittanie to take her driver's test this morning and she passed! She is officially legal to drive alone. Isn't that a scary thought? I still think of her as my baby and now my baby is driving and is just days away from becoming a high school junior. I wanted to cry this morning when she got back with her license because it all hit me at once how close she is to being all grown up. But I refrained because she thinks I'm a dork when I do that.

But we definitely are feeling the effects of having a teenaged driver. I called Allstate to add her to our policy. Now that we have added her and her car to our policy, our premiums have jumped from $187 a month to $450 a month!! She will be working at home until she turns 16 and can get a real job to help out with the insurance.

Everybody pray that she stays safe!!

No comments: