Sunday, May 14, 2006

God is good!!

This was already a really good Mother's Day...but tonight it got even better! I have been waiting to get some stuff that I bought from Ebay and haven't been to the post office since Thursday, so in order to get Brittanie back driving again, I asked her to drive me to the post office. When we got there, there is a check in the mail for $100 made out to Swansea High School JROTC. I never knew you could get an anonymous check....but I got one. Evidently this person donates anonymously all the time because the envelope was typed with no return address. The check had NO name, address, etc. in the left upper corner and the handwriting was total chicken scratch to the point where I couldn't make out not one letter. But he printed "SHS JROTC" and the amount so it was legible and the memo said "donation." We had vandals break into our old gym, where the rifle team practices and dump all the pellets all over the floor and stomp on them. They totally vandalized our rifle team's stuff to the point where it all has to be replaced....with the exception of the rifles, as they are kept in the main school building. Well I belong to a yahoo group that is SC Firearms as well as SC Grass Roots. The purpose of the group is preserve our right to bear arms, which I'm a firm believer in. I e-mailed the group about what happened to our rifle team's stuff and here we are a few days later with a check. I can't wait to take it to the school in the morning. We are trying to create a booster club for JROTC to we don't have to beg for money like this but we are definitely grateful when God touches people's hearts to donate like this. The bank was in Lexington and the postmark said Columbia so this person doesn't even live in our district but still found it in their heart to give to this fine group of young people. God is truly good!!!

By the way, if you would like to donate, please do! Any size donation will be greatly appreciated! Just make the check out to SHS JROTC and mail it to me:

Lynette Sightler
RE: SHS JROTC
PO Box 98
Gaston, SC 29053

No comments: