Sunday, May 21, 2006

Early birthday celebration

Yesterday we celebrated my 29th birthday (for the 8th time). My birthday is actually May 26th but I wanted to celebrate with our friends, Frank and Lynn Eargle, and their kids and they weren't free next weekend and the weekend after my birthday, Tom is leaving for Ireland. So we did it yesterday. We had a big bar-b-que on my new grill. We were a little worried because the day started off VERY stormy (and actually ended that way too). But in the middle of the day it was beautiful and sunshining bright. We hadn't seen them since January of 2005.....even though they just live in Irmo. We sure did miss them. We were supposed to play Pictionary, which is my favorite game, but we enjoyed just talking to them so much that we just scrapped that plan. Lynn brought my favorite.....cheesecake! It was delicious. We had a great day!!

But I have to give credit where credit is due. Tom worked his tail off yesterday. He got up early and put the new grill together (took him about 2 1/2 hours). Then when the storm finished he cut the grass and did the weedeating. He came in, took a shower, went back out and started the bar-b-que, and while that was going, he moved my van out of the garage and started cleaning the garage. While he was taking stuff out of the garage, Randy (Brittanie's boyfriend) grabbed the broom and started sweeping. He even threw the football with the teenagers too. That's alot of work for Tom. He and I both hate doing stuff around the house. We would rather hire someone to do it for us. He was dog tired last night. But I am so proud of him. Everything looked great and the bar-b-que was delicious!

I had a GREAT birthday celebration!!! But we definitely have to plan more stuff with Frank and Lynn. They are the most normal and fun people we have met down here and we really enjoy their company. They really made my birthday special!

Here are some pictures we took that day:
This is Randy and William licking the side of Brittanie's face. She hates that and of course they are boys...they live to drive her crazy. hehehe

Here is William (who Katie says is her boyfriend) playing with Katie. She had a blast that day!

No comments: