Monday, November 06, 2006

Flashback to 1985

I know this isn't 1985 but watching the Miami Dolphins beat up on the Chicago Bears yesterday brought me back to the good old days. Every week, I looked forward to watching Dan Marino do his thing with his bullet arm and watching Mark Clayton and Mark "Super" Duper make play after outstanding play. I mentioned in a previous post that I was a Miami Dolphins fan as a teenager. I didn't mention that I hated the Chicago Bears back then. Lead by Ditka and McMahon, they all had bloated egos, so much so that they even came up with an obnoxious song to celebrate their bloated egos. But in 1985, my Dolphins punched them right in the ego with a hard fought 12-0 win. It was a sweet win back then and it was a sweet win yesterday as well. Tom reminded me that this is a completely different team than the 85 Bears. I understand that but I was soooooooo sick of the arrogance of the 85 Bears that unless Dan Marino comes out of retirement and joined the Bears team, I think I will hate them forever.

Anyway, congratulations to the Dolphins. They have struggled so much since the season started but in true 85 Dolphins fashion, they conquered the Bears yesterday! WOOO HOOO!!!

No comments: