Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

My mom and Kathy on Thanksgiving day.
Kathy and Randy on Thanksgiving dayAmber and Katie on Thanksgiving day.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Ours was GREAT!!! My nephew (Randy) and his wife (Kathy) and daughter (Amber) came down with my mom in tow and we had a great time! We had quite a feast....turkey drumsticks, rice dressing (or as they say in South Carolina...dirty rice), cornbread dressing, corn, green beans, potato salad, rolls, pound cake, and Mississippi Mud Pie. Brittanie's Randy joined us for Thanksgiving dinner too. It was his first Cajunized Thanksgiving and he was sweating a bit by the time he finished eating but he ate it all without complaint! I couldn't believe he had never had Mississippi Mud Pie before. He really loved that.
Katie had a blast playing with Amber. Here she was sitting on her and rolling her eyes when I told her to get off because she may hurt Amber.
Katie LOVES Randy. She always has. She LOVED having him here! Katie loved having Maw-Maw and Nanny here too! She made them laugh all the time!

Thanksgiving night, we went to Irmo to see the Christmas lights at Saluda Shoals Park. They are beautiful! We all enjoyed that!
My mom asked Brittanie for clippers. Well Brittanie isn't used to the accent and thought she said slippers and that's what she brought her. Check out the Panther slippers! lol
Katie had a blast playing with Randy and Tom. She loves playing rough!

When my family from Louisiana comes to visit, the squirrels drop dead from fear right there in our yard!! lol Here are some pictures of the squirrels getting cleaned. Katie was thoroughly grossed out by this. She saw them just after they died, as they were being cleaned, and in a bowl to be washed and bagged. She couldn't stop saying "EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!" They are taking four back for the New Year's Eve gumbo!Is this gross or what???Friday, Tom and Randy took Amber and Katie with them to pick out a Christmas tree. When they got back, we ate jambalaya and some pineapple dessert mom made, then Tom put up the garland and lights on the tree. That's when he handed it off to Katie, Amber, and mom to put the ornaments on, then Tom put the train around it. It looks great. I'm sticking with the LSU purple and gold again this year, as you can see!I told Katie to turn around so I could take her picture and this is what I got! She's a smartie!
The finished product

They are leaving Saturday after lunch and I'm sad to see them go. I really really enjoyed having them here!!

No comments: