Thursday, November 09, 2006

Need your prayers!


Yesterday, my mom called to tell me that my nephew's wife, Kathy, had been driving to work on a gravel road, lost control and ended up going down into a canal, 12 foot below the road. She totalled her truck. Randy, my nephew, had taken off work because he was having muscle and joint aches all over. He went and got her and brought her to the hospital. While they were x-raying her, he had, for the second time in two months, an episode where he started sweating, got nauseous, and passed out for a few seconds. It was witnessed by a nurse and they wanted to take him to the ER but he refused. He said when he knows Kathy is completely ok, then he will go have a stress test done. It really scares me. He is 38. There is heart disease all over my dad's side of the family. My dad had heart disease diagnosed at 50. My brother, Randy's daddy, is 58 and had stents put in recently after a cardiac episode. These are first degree relatives. Randy really really really needs to have a cardiac evaluation. It scares me. I adore him. If I lost him I don't think I could handle that. It would be just as bad, if not worse, as losing my dad because Randy and his sister lived in the same house with us till I was 16. He is more of a brother to me his dad is. So please join me in praying for him and his wife that God will heal them and watch over them.

By the way, the picture is Randy, Kathy, and Katie taken in April, when we went to Louisiana for spring break. Katie stuck to Randy like glue during that trip. She is VERY excited that they may be coming for Thanksgiving. With all that happened yesterday, we will be very lucky if they come afterall.

No comments: