Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's a great day to be a Republican!!

With the election day behind us, the state of South Carolina can breathe a sigh of relief as the Republicans have prevailed. Unfortunately, the nation as a whole wasn't as lucky. But I'm not going to worry about that right now. I want to enjoy the victory we have won in South Carolina. I am VERY disappointed in the House District 96 results. It was the only time I have ever supported a Democrat. I hate that Kit Spires is going to be representing my district. Everyone hates negative campaigning, whether it is true or not. When Kit Spires faced off against Ken Clark in the summer to get the Republican nomination, Ken ran a clean campaign. He knew what many of us knew about Kit's personal life but chose not to bring that to light in order to not "hit below the belt." After meeting Kit Spires and having him lie to my face last summer, I'm not sure Kit would have done the same if he had the same information on Ken. But we will never know. But Ken Clark is a Christian and would prefer to lose with his reputation as a Christian intact rather than to mudsling. Unfortunately, because the majority of voters never found out this piece of information that would have made a BIG difference in this staunchly conservative area, we are stuck with Kit Spires for 4 years. But that is the biggest disappointment in our state for me.

Being raised in Louisiana and enduring year after year of amoral Democrats leading the state, it is so great to live in a conservative Republican state!! I admit that I was torn on the Lt. Governor's race as I'm NOT a fan of Andre Bauer. I only supported him to keep my party in office. Personally, I think Andre Bauer is a narcissist, who thinks WAYYYYY too highly of himself than he should. But thanks to term limits, this will be his last term as Lt. Governor.

But I think the results that made me happiest would have to be Joe Wilson winning US House District 2 again. Joe is not a politician. He is a real person who genuinely cares about the people of South Carolina. I've had the honor of meeting him here in Gaston on a few occasions and can honestly tell you he is such a nice man and so intelligent. I am thrilled to have him continue to represent us.

So anyway, that's my ramblings on the election. Bottom line, I'm proud to be a Republican!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

qHey Girl,
You know I love you but I have to disagree with you on Kit Spires.I have known him for a long time,and I believe his is a fine man.I am sure that he has his faults as do we all.But his good out ways his bad.
I would have been deeper in bills had it not been for Kit.He is the best Pharmacist that there has ever been.He cares about peple not money.
Don't be mad with me.I just thought I would tell you why I like him.Because we have talked about it before.
Samantha