Monday, September 24, 2007

Brittanie's birthday weekend

Brittanie's 17th birthday is tomorrow and she requested a weekend in Myrtle Beach. I asked Jenny and Jessica to go with us. Tom doesn't like the beach so it was just Brittanie, John, Jenny, Jessica, and I heading out Friday afternoon. We stayed at the Dunes Village Resort. Brittanie's youth group from church had stayed there before and she loved it and wanted to stay there this weekend. It was perfect!! We had a 2 bedroom suite (one room had 2 queen beds, the master bedroom had a king sized bed, and there was a sleeper sofa in the living room), jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom, a full kitchen complete with dishwasher, stove, full refrigerator, washer and dryer, a long balcony with a view of the ocean, and an indoor water park.

Brittanie, Jessica, and John went grocery shopping Friday night to stock
our kitchen. Saturday morning, Brittanie and Jessica got up and made pancakes and strawberries for us for breakfast. After breakfast, Brittanie and John went swimming. When they got back, they grabbed Jessica and off they went! Brittanie and John got henna tattoos with their initials. They also did some souvenir shopping. Saturday night, we went to the Dixie Stampede. I LOVED it! It was expensive but it was worth it.

Sunday morning, we checked out and went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. We did more souvenir shopping after lunch and Brittanie and John got airbrushed shirts to remember their weekend.

It was so fun and mainly because Jessica was there.
It is impossible not to smile or have fun with Jessica around. She's awesome. We got home around 9pm last night. I gave Katie and Tom their souvenirs, talked to Tom awhile and then went to bed. I'm pooped!!!

Jenny took some pictures at the Hard Rock Cafe and she also bought the picture of all of us at the Dixie Stampede. When I get those from her, I'll post them. We had a great weekend but I'm glad I'm home and sleeping in my bed.

No comments: