Wednesday, September 12, 2007

OLD PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DRIVE!!!!

Today I was driving down Highway 321 (south) heading home after picking up Katie from school. Highway 321 is a 4 lane highway divided behind the El Cheapo gas station with lots of trees. We passed the El Cheapo gas station and was approaching Glenn Road when this stupid old lady pulled out of Glenn Road and decided to turn left to head northbound. The problem is she didn't go across the southbound lanes first. She just turned left into the southbound lane and was heading straight at us. I was in the right lane. I couldn't pull off the road because there is a drop off right there. I couldn't pull into the left lane because she was partially in the left lane. I was totally freaking out and layed on the horn. Luckily the old goat got in the left lane until she passed me then changed to the lane I was in and was heading straight towards tons of cars. I don't know if she actually hit anyone or not but this is why I believe that old people should be retested! To me, the minute you qualify for Medicare, you should be thoroughly retested.....on highways, interstates, MERGE lanes...which is when they usually cause the most headaches/accidents.

People love to say teenagers are bad drivers but I'm much more scared of being on the road with these geezers who have senile dementia and no reflexes!

No comments: