Sunday, September 16, 2007

Collard Festival pictures!

I finally got the pictures from the Collard Festival off of my camera. I recently installed Adobe and it was fighting with my Canon utilities over which one would actually download the pictures and ended up with neither of them doing it. So Tom fixed that problem for me this morning. So here are the pictures! (You can click on any of them to make them bigger.)

First up is 50's Elvis, as played by Phil Urban. Phil is a great performer and if you didn't know any better, you would think he was Elvis!



Check our Red's guitar!! I LOVE it!!

Next up is 70's Elvis....my personal favorite. Phil was so animated....shaking his tush and doing everything Elvis did at his concerts, including giving scarves to the ladies! It was GREAT! The stands were packed out!


Here's the tush shakin!

A singer is only as good as his backup band. In Phil's case, he has the TCB band, who is also known as Wishful Thinkin when they aren't backing up Phil. The leader of that band is my buddy, Red Fraley. He is an outstanding performer and I couldn't do the Collard Festival entertainment without him. He does sound for us as well as performs. And he is married to one of my best friends, Jenn. He's a lucky guy because she's the best and is right by his side helping out with anything he needs.
Here is, in my opinion, the best Southern Gospel quartet in the business....Unity. They are great performers. One of the girls, Victoria, writes songs for the group. The other, Rachael, has a solo album out. And they are so genuine. All of the Elvis pictures were taken for me by Victoria. They were so wonderful to work with. It was a joy and a priviledge to have them at our festival!

This is the booth for Operation Thank You. Operation Thank You has Thank You cards and Get Well cards that they ask everyone to sign and Operation Thank You sends them to our soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Brittanie and her cadets went around in the heat all day long getting people to sign cards. They didn't mind the heat because they believed in what they were doing. Below is Brittanie's friend, Josh, holding the cards that they asked everyone to sign.

No comments: