Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brittanie's job

The new store manager, Tammy, who has only been there 3 weeks came in the bakery and told her she was going too slow. Brittanie told her this is only her 2nd day. She said well we don't need it to be perfect, we need it fast. See this is why I don't like to hire people this young in the bakery." Then Brittanie's genetics kicked in and she said "Yeah cuz if I were 27, I could totally hold this spatula better." Tammy said "I see you can't take corrective criticism." Brittanie said "Sure I can when the corrective part is present." Tammy told her "Looks like you have an attitude problem." She said "No I don't have an attitude. I give as much respect as I am given." Tammy told her "You know you aren't the only baker in town." Brittanie said "And this isn't the only bakery in town." Tammy said "So we are in agreement. You can finish out your shift and leave." Brittanie said "Fine." She is definitely the product of me and Tom!

The bakery manager told Brittanie that Tammy is stupid because she is one of the best workers they have had in that bakery.....her cakes look professional and customers love them. So it is their loss.


Saturday, Tammy called Brittanie and asked her to come back to work. Brittanie said "But you fired me." Tammy answered "But we are really short handed so we need you to work tonight." Brittanie said "Then you should think about the way you treat your workers." And she hung up.

Today, Patricia, the main store manager, called Brittanie and apologized
for the way Tammy treated Brittanie and offered her 50 cent more an hour to come back. Brittanie said she will come back for $2 more an hour. Patricia couldn't go that high. So Brittanie is still on the hunt for a new job. She is at the mall as I'm typing this applying for jobs there.

Here is a picture of the last cake she made before she left. The cakes were being sold as soon as she would put them in the display case.


No comments: