Friday, October 24, 2008

Unreal

I have been battling a head and chest cold and yesterday I couldn't take it anymore so I emailed my doctor/boss and told him my symptoms and asked him if he would call me in an antibiotic and something for my cough. The antibiotic he called in was Levaquin, which is a really good drug. But it would have to be laced with gold to be worth how much it costs. He called in 7 tablets and it is to be taken once a day. For 7 tablets, the total cost was $183.79!!! All I can say is thank goodness Tom's company has such excellent health insurance because we only had to pay a percentage of that. There is no generic equivalent yet. I sure hope it works. I would hate to think of shelling out that much money for nothing. I was able to sleep 6 hours straight last night, which was a very welcomed change. Hopefully I will feel well enough to be able to get some work done this weekend.

Wednesday I called USC-Sumter to find out if Brittanie's change of campus has been approved. I was told I needed to call USC in Columbia. So I called Admissions, who told me I needed to call the Political Science Department to find out since that is Brittanie's major. So she transferred me to the Political Science Department. The woman there told me I needed to speak to an advisor. So she transferred me to an advisor. I had to leave a message. They didn't call me back so yesterday, I called again. The advisor I spoke to told me I needed to speak to someone in the College of Arts and Sciences. So she transferred me to them. They told me I needed to speak to Admissions. I told her no. I called Admissions and eventually was told I needed to talk to someone in the College of Arts and Sciences. So she put me on hold and came back and told me I needed to speak to an advisor and they weren't in so she would take a message and have one call me back. Yeah I know how well that works. So I told Brittanie she needs to go up there today and make them tell her one way or the other. They are already doing advising and scheduling for next semester and she needs to know which campus she needs to register for before all of the classes she wants are taken. She is already at a disadvantage for the Columbia campus because they don't start advising and registering transfer students until November 24th. I swear when Katie starts 9th grade, I'm going to enroll her at Midlands Tech to take the SAT prep class and she will take that class over and over until she qualifies for an academic scholarship because her score is so high. We bought Brittanie an online SAT prep course but she didn't do it. I won't accept that from Katie. I am going to ride her hard, if necessary, to make sure she has the grades and SAT scores to go to whatever college she wants to and hopefully get academic scholarships too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Levaquin is very good stuff. I use it for my sinus infections. But you are right, it is freaking expensive and lucky for us our Zeus insurance really aids the cost.