Monday, October 27, 2008

I spoke too soon!!

At about 4:45pm today, I got a call from Brittanie and I could barely understand her. She was hysterical telling me she had been in a wreck and I needed to come get her. She was almost to Sumter, which is about 45 minutes from my house. I was a basket case so Jessica drove me there. When we got there, I saw the car wedged into the trees and started crying all over again. It was so scary to think what could have happened to her. The highway patrolman told me that had she not been wearing her seatbelt, she would have more than likely been ejected and the chances of her surviving would have been slim to none so I should feel blessed. I do feel blessed that I have one of the few teenagers who actually wear their seatbelts. She was freaking out that her daddy would be mad. But he assured her that cars can be replaced and her car did exactly what it was supposed to do. It protected her. That side curtain airbag saved her from glass all in her face and eyes. She walked away with minor airbag burns on the left side of her face and probably a bruise will pop out under the one on her cheek, her side hurts a little and her back is hurting a little. But otherwise, she is fine.

Tonight I got an email message from our friend, Lynn, and her son, Will, is friends with Brittanie. He told me to tell Brittanie she isn't supposed to drive through a forest if there isn't a road there. I relayed the message and she laughed. Later on, Tom picked at her about her driving and she laughed. Then I said "She couldn't see the forest for the trees." She said "Ok I request a 24 hour grace period before we start making jokes." hahaha She had to know it was coming. That's what we do in this family. That's why we are fun. :^)

Jessica took pictures for us.







The back glass was busted out.
All of the driver's side glass was busted out.

The hood was flipped up.


No comments: