Friday, October 17, 2008

Football this weekend

Saturday is going to be a tense day in the Sightler household. I have been an LSU fan since birth. After moving to South Carolina, I understood why Tom has always been a Gamecock and I have come to love our mighty Gamecocks too. Tomorrow my Bayou Bengals are playing my Gamecocks. I will be happy either way but I will be cheering on LSU while Tom and Brittanie are cheering on the Gamecocks. That should be interesting considering how passionate Tom and Brittanie are about cheering on their football teams!
Sunday will be easier because I have never been a Saints fan. I was born and raised in Louisiana so I knew the sesspool that is New Orleans and never understood why the rest of the world thought it was such a great place. Also, I grew up in the Saints paper bag era and I'm not going to cheer on a team with a bag over my head. I was a Dolphins fan when Dan Marino was QB. Now Dan is retired and the Carolinas have their own team so I'm a Panther fan all the way. This week, I want the Saints to lose and lose BIG. They were too stupid to appreciate our Cajun Connection, Jake Delhomme. Their stupidity is our gain. But it is just one more example why the Saints will always stink. Reggie Bush or not, you can't fix stupid.The Saints should hang their head in shame. They stink big time!!

No comments: