Thursday, October 30, 2008

That's it! I have had enough!!

Brittanie living in that apartment has been a nightmare because of Courtney and the nightmare continues! The cats are finally gone but Brittanie went in there today to get some clothes and the apartment still stinks. The carpets have not been cleaned. I have been told that you can't get the smell of cat urine out of carpet anyway but they didn't even make an attempt to clean it. While Brittanie was there, Courtney told her that the drunk guy that had broken into her apartment before and passed out under Brittanie's window last month, broke into their apartment again this morning, stole Courtney's keys, and stole Courtney's car and went for a drunken ride in the apartment complex parking lot and hit a tree, a sign, and the apartment manager's car, totaling Courtney's car.

I don't want to say that is good for her but it does happen when you pick loser friends!!! Before the losers that Courtney associates with end up killing or raping my daughter, she is getting OUT of there. I called my friend, who is a paralegal, and asked her what we can do to get out of that lease. She is NOT going to spend another night there. She looked it up, and told me to give the complex management written notice that Brittanie will be vacating the apartment in 14 days and list specific reasons why. They have 2 weeks to respond to me. If they don't respond, I take my letter to magistrate's court and have a judge terminate the lease. If they respond telling me they plan on fighting termination, then I go immediately to magistrates court and request that this lease be terminated. If they respond telling me they agree to terminate the lease, then I just keep written documentation of that and we are done. They know I have been kicking up dust for 2 weeks now over those cats. I think they know I am not a push over and I'm not going to stop so it would be in their best interest to let us out of that lease. But no matter what, she will NOT be spending another night in that apartment.

No comments: