Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!!

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Independence Day and remember to keep our soldiers in your prayers!

Now I have to tell you about yesterday! Brittanie went to work out at the Leisure Center and I had been up since 4am typing. So I put Katie in bed for her nap and then I went bed. I told Katie she better NOT get up. But I should have known better. She NEVER listens to anything I say. By the time Brittanie got home and I got up from my nap, Katie had gotten into sooooooo many things she shouldn't have, but we didn't realize it at first.
When I got up, I fussed at her for not taking a nap and I put her to bed and she finally went to sleep. That's when Brittanie got home. She went upstairs to take a shower and came back downstairs screaming that her hamster was gone. She started looking everywhere for the hamster. He was nowhere to be found. We searched the house over. When Katie woke up, we BEGGED her to tell us what she had done with the hamster. She kept denying she even touched the hamster. We knew it was a lie from the condition of the cage. Well Tom got home and after a little "daddy discipline" she took him right to the hamster. She had gone upstairs to Brittanie's room and gotten the hamster out of the cage. She couldn't catch the hamster in the cage so she pushed the cage back so that the back part is hanging over the stairwell, then pulled the tray with the shavings out so the hamster fell out of the back of the cage and had about an 8 foot fall onto the stairs below. Then she went down and picked him up, took him to our bookcase, moved my fish, pulled the printer and shoved the hamster down the hole that is there for the printer and computer cords. That made the hamster fall behind the drawers in the bookcase. Our main worry was that he could have eaten rat poison because we didn't remember if we actually put poison in the bookcase or not since the rat scare last year. We knew there was rat poison under the house and all in the walls but couldn't remember if there was any in the house. But so far, the hamster is fine so there must not have been any poison in there. I just don't know what to do with that child anymore. It is like impossible for her to behave without us grabbing the paddle first!

Brittanie was still mad at Katie about the whole hamster incident and didn't want her anywhere near her last night. So Tom stayed home with her. He didn't mind because he had bought himself a wireless something or other toy and wanted to stay home to play with it. (For the guys at Zeus that read this....I put sticky notes that said "I love Tom" all over the top of the box and put the box high on a shelf so he didn't see it right away. He laughed when he took the box down. hehehe) So I took Brittanie and Randy to Fort Jackson for the Torchlight Tattoo. I didn't read the directions very well. They have made the gate we normally go to just for DOD personnel. I didn't want to drive Jonathan's car, which has that tag, so I took my van and just picked another gate.....Percival Road. Well I have a horrible sense of direction and took the wrong exit on Percival Road and ended up going around the base....the LONG way and had to call Tom, who got me to the Leesburg gate. The traffic was horrendous but Brittanie and Randy didn't mind because they were watching a movie while we were in traffic. I didn't go up there for the ceremony. I just wanted to see the fireworks. But I had such an awesome parking spot, I could hear everything. It was great. But I still watched a movie till the fireworks started. Brittanie and Randy had a great time. The fireworks were outstanding. Fort Jackson never disappoints.Here is a picture of Randy and Brittanie taken at Fort Jackson last night.

Today, Brittanie is going to Randy's. Tom and Katie are going to Spartanburg to his parent's house. And I'm staying home typing. I love the peace and quiet. I work better that way.

No comments: