Saturday, July 22, 2006

You know you're in 2006 when.....

There are things in 2006 that Tom and I and even Brittanie didn't have growing up. But Katie is so accustomed to them that it is like they always existed. She has really been making us laugh lately.

For example, we have (and LOVE) TiVo. I don't know how we lived without it. We rarely watch things in real time. We usually record what we want to see and then we wait until it is at least half way over before we start watching it so we can fast forward through the commercials. Well if we are watching just any old thing because there is really nothing interesting on, she just doesn't understand why we are watching commercials.

Another example is today when Tom took her to Food Lion, they passed by Hershey's Kisses and she told her daddy she wanted those and he said "What?" She told him to "scroll back" so she could show him what she wanted. He laughed and told her that this was the grocery store, not the internet. He can't scroll back in the store. hehehe

She loves electronics like the rest of us in this house. She gets mad if I do something as simple as hit the button on the phone to turn it on when it is for her. She wants to learn how to use everything electronic. Here is the reaction I got when I hit the button to turn on the phone when my mom called her today.....
She was not at all happy. She told my mom I was being mean to her by not letting her push the button. (Hey Denise....It's MY turn, I push the button!!! hehehe)

Brittanie's boyfriend, Randy, taught her to balance a spoon on her nose and now I can't keep a clean spoon in the house! LOL

No comments: