Saturday, January 27, 2007

A blast from the past

Today, Tom cleaned out the closet in the attic so Brittanie could use it. We have 5 closets downstairs and Brittanie's clothes take up three of them! The attic closet is ALOT more convenient for her and huge but it was full of junk from the past. So Tom has been working all day to get rid of that junk. While going through the junk, he found some pictures. There are some of Brittanie pretending to be a bride and I promised her I wouldn't blog that but trust me, they are adorable!! But I am going to post some others that he found that I liked.

This is the one that means the most. This is Brittanie with Grandma Sightler, Tom's grandmother. She died a couple of years ago. She loved all of her grandchildren. I am glad she was able to hold and love on Katie before she died. Jenny took this picture at Aunt Doris' house.

This is Taylor and Brittanie on the swing at my mom's house, spring break of 1999. That's my Jonathan in the corner of the picture. I just couldn't crop him out of the picture, even though you can't see his face.
Taylor was 4 1/2 here and Brittanie was 8 1/2.

This is why our girls are fearless and tough. Tom always played with them like they are boys. That's why they have so much fun with their daddy! This was taken on Thanksgiving of 1998. Notice Brittanie is in shorts?? You gotta love Louisiana....summer all the time.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Here is Tom, on his laptop in his recliner. This was New Year's Day 1999. That was 8 years and two recliners ago. Check out the puny Christmas tree. Have mercy! We start getting BIG, real trees the next Christmas. By the way, Brittanie put that hat on his head. He isn't that festive.

No comments: