Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm so proud of her!!




Wednesday night, Brittanie found a picture with an untrue caption under it on a girl's myspace page, followed by a stupid comment from another girl. Of course it made her mad. I told her to let it go because these two girls LIVE in drama world. They aren't happy unless they are neck deep in all kinds of drama. She had a problem with these two back in July and now out of the blue they take a pot shot at her. Because of the way they chose to live, neither of them will amount to anything. One is even a high school drop out who does nothing but play on myspace all day. So obviously what they think and say means absolutely NOTHING. Brittanie has a very bright future ahead of her. She may end up a USC or Furman or Carson-Newman or Westpoint...who knows??? Bottom line, these girls can do nothing positive towards Brittanie's future so why bother with them. Brittanie told off the drop out....in a message and when the girl called her yesterday. She went to confront the other one at school yesterday but it was obvious the girl was avoiding her. But she said now that she has said her peace to at least one of them, she is done with it. She blocked both of them and all of their friends from her myspace, her e-mail, her instant messenger, and all aspects of her cell phone. Now she is moving on. I'm very proud of her. She has a good little mixture of me and her dad in there. Tom never deals with things like this. If someone upsets us, he says "The heck with them" and ignores it because to him they are meaningless and so is everything they do. I'm a polar opposite. When someone hurts me, Tom, or our girls, it sticks to me forever unless I get to have it out with that person. Tom does NOT want me doing that. So I don't and unfortunately it piles up inside of me...some things for 18 years because to me they are unresolved. But I'm so proud of Brittanie that she said her peace and now she is done....washed her hands of the whole thing and moving on to focus on her future. She inherited my temper, unfortunately, Tom's sharp tongue that she can use when necessary, as well as his logical thinking, and her own discernment to know which to use when. I'm really proud of her!!

I just can't wait until high school is over. I swear girls are meaner nowadays than they were when I grew up. They love to wallow in drama. I just don't understand that. How can you create situations to upset yourself on purpose??? That's just stupid!

No comments: