Saturday, January 20, 2007

Taylor's going skating

Taylor has made a few friends at school and they are going skating tonight and then spending the night at one of their houses in Hidden Valley tonight. They are going to have fun. Taylor looked so pretty after she straightened her hair and put on her little make-up so I just had to get a picture. I bought her her own roller blades also so I have a picture of them too because they are so cool looking. She is doing great and I'm so proud of her!!! I was able to give a good report to her mom of how great she has been doing this week and her mom is very proud of her as well.
By the way, one big cultural difference we are dealing with is terminology. In Louisiana, especially in the area we live in, when a baby is born, the parents pick godparents who then forevermore referred to as "Nanny" for the godmother and "Paran" for the godfather. Well I have been Nanny to Taylor and Lyndsie since birth. That's all they have ever called me. Here in South Carolina, a Nanny is a term used for grandmothers. Well since Taylor has been here, when she says something about me, she calls me "Nanny" and people think I am her grandmother. That I don't like at all. I'm only 37. I am NOT old enough to be a grandmother! (Ok technically I know that if Brittanie loses her mind, technically she could make me a grandmother but then I'd have to kill her so I still wouldn't be a grandmother. lol)

That is one cultural difference I hope we overcome soon because I hate people thinking I'm a grandmother!

1 comment:

earlcapps said...

cool photo split