Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!!

We just got back from Louisiana! We left South Carolina on the 26th of December and came back New Year's Eve. It was a busy week.

Wednesday, Tom helped mom make boudin. They used 60lb of pork meat, 10 pounds of rice, 20 onions, shallots, and lots of seasoning. Tom came out with 37 packs of boudin.
Brittanie had 30 packs and Katie had 10 packs. By the way, Tom didn't want me to blog that because he doesn't want to share his boudin! lol This is the first time Tom ever helped her do it. He turned the crank on the stuffer and mom said he did great. Mom is VERY picky....especially with the stuffing part because if you turn too fast, you pop the casing. Mom said Tom was a natural. We may have a new boudin maker in the family! If he isn't careful, she will have him helping to make the sausage too!

Thursday we went to Opelousas and signed the guardianship papers for Taylor.
She is officially temporarily ours. Lyndsie came and spent the night with us at mom's. I gave her and Taylor each a Gameboy Advance for Christmas. Lyndsie showed Katie how to play a game on it and it didn't take long for her to catch on.
Friday we made desserts for Saturday. Tammie came over to help and I had a blast with her. She is so fun. I wish she lived closer. Mom gave Katie a doll....even though I told her Katie doesn't like dolls. Well Katie didn't want to play with it but she wanted mom's boyfriend to play with it.
Saturday was a big family Christmas celebration. I invited my biological sisters, Aimee and Jeannette, (for those who don't know, I was adopted at a day old) to join in our family celebration. I wanted them to meet my family. They fit right in with the family. My family loved them and they loved my family. We played the white elephant game with gifts and again with ornaments. We did the ornaments first and that was fun. I loved stealing Eddie's ornaments over and over because people kept stealing mine. Then we played it with gifts. My nephew's wife, Kathy, picked out great gifts so we were all fighting over her gifts. Me, Tammie, and my sisters all put gag gifts in with our regular gifts and that really livened things up. Kathy got a box of douche. I thought Randy would be the one we would laugh at most with the gag gifts (He got an enema and hemorrhoid cream) but I was wrong. Tammie got Jeannette's gift of adult diapers and diaper rash cream. She put one between her legs like she was going to put it on and Kathy pulled it. We all laughed. But she wasn't satisfied with that. She got down on the floor and acted like she was needing a change. It was hilarious!! Our games were so much fun. The food was great. But the best part was having my family all together. I only get to see them twice a year and I really miss them. I am looking forward to our next trip in May. My nephew said he would boil three sacks of those BIG crawfish they usually get and we will have my sisters and everyone over again and celebrate my birthday. I can't wait!Amber and Aimee during the game
Amber, Katie, Taylor, and Lyndsie
LyndsieMom opening a gift during the game.Amber, Taylor, and Lyndsie

Katie was in her element down there. She is the center of attention everytime we go down there and she really hams it up. Brittanie taught her to make "rock on" fingers, poke out her lips, close her eyes and nod her head up and down like she is jamming. Well my family LOVED it. They asked her to do it so much that she finally said "I've already done it 100 times!" and she started doing an improvised version of it.Tammie's stepson, Travis, played football and was a champion weight lifter in high school. He just graduated in May. It took some coaxing because he didn't want to be disrespectful. We finally convinced him it wasn't disrespectful and we got him to pose for us and show off his "guns." Randy wanted to compare his "guns" to Travis' guns. I told him Travis had machine guns and he had a cap gun. lol
I realized after I put all the pictures on here that I didn't have any pictures of Eddie (Travis' dad/Tammie's hubby). Fortunately, Tammie sent me some last night of Travis picking up his dad so I had to include it. Travis is almost 19 and Eddie is....not. lol Anyway, she sent me a picture of him holding her up too and I liked it so I'm including it too.

We left Louisiana at 9am Louisiana time and got home at 9:30 South Carolina time. We hit alot of rain or we would have made the trip faster. It only took us 11 hours to get down there. Taylor was amazed at how big our house was. Brittanie has a whole day planned Wednesday for her and Taylor. She is taking her to get her hair done, her nails shaped and French tips painted on (no fake tips), to the stores to get new clothes and shoes, and who knows what else. All of the girls start school again Thursday.

You will notice there are no pictures of Brittanie here. That's because she couldn't get off of work so unfortunately we had to go without her. I would like to take this time to sincerely thank Sandra, Samantha, and Jimmy for looking out for Brittanie and making sure she got home safe and sound each night. Mom sent me home with roux and shrimp for a gumbo so I'm going to make them a gumbo one night and have them over to thank them for all they did. Brittanie said she felt very safe knowing they were looking out for her.


No comments: