Saturday, January 27, 2007

My mom's son

My mom's son (who I absolutely refuse to call my brother) is such a LOSER! I can prove it. I was talking to Taylor and we were going down the family tree and she thought her mom (Tammie) and I were sisters. Actually, I'm Tammie's aunt but she and her brother, Randy, are more of a sister and brother to me and always has been. Randy was born in 1968. I was born in 1969. Tammie was born in 1970. In 1971, they moved in with us and forever more they became my brother and sister. Well my brother only cares about his wife's children and grandchildren....not his own. When he comes down to see his wife's daughter and her boys, he NEVER goes to see his son and daughter and their girls. I didn't realize how bad it was until I was talking to Taylor and Taylor didn't know who he was. She and Lyndsie have always referred to him as Paw Paw Clayton but they thought that was just something they called him....like Katie calls Jimmy Watts "Paw Paw." When I was telling her that Paw Paw Clayton is her mom's daddy, she was totally stunned. She didn't know that. My girls may not see their grandparents often but they know who they are. Katie is 4 years old and I asked her who daddy's dad was and she said "Grandpa." I asked her who daddy's mom is and she said "Grandma." I asked her who my mom was and she said "Maw Maw." Why? Because they are in her life! My girls may not see their grandparents but a couple of times a year but they do know that all of their grandparents love them....they make sure our girls know that. Clayton should be ashamed!!! He has two kids and three granddaughters that he has nothing to do with. He is a sorry excuse for a son, a father, a grandfather and most of all...a man!

Today his son, Randy, called at mom's house to see if mom wanted to go ride with him to pick up his new utility trailer he bought for his DJ equipment. Clayton answered the phone. So Randy reached out to him and asked if Clayton wanted to go ride with him to get the trailer. He covered the phone to ask his wife's permission, then came back and said he couldn't because he just got up, hadn't eaten breakfast, and had Dillon....his wife's grandson who is ALWAYS up their butts....with him. Randy called me and was very upset and angry. Dillon always comes first.....ALWAYS. I feel for him. It has to hurt to be rejected by his father. His mother abandoned them when he was 3 and Tammie was 1. And his loser father has made it clear that he doesn't love them. But my mom will always be his mom and loves him as if she had given birth to him. But it still doesn't make up for the fact that my mom's son is a big loser. One day he will have ALOT to answer for.

ADDENDUM: Tonight, my mom called and she told Taylor that Paw Paw Clayton was there and Taylor said "Do you think he would remember me?" She wasn't being sarcastic. She was serious. That says it all!

No comments: